Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Spank Me with My Wooden Spoon!

Every now and then I've posted here about Rex's cooking, which is really really good, and I've even set up a Rex's Recipes blog for him on Blogspot. Unfortunately, there is only so much time in the day, and between my life as an investment banker and a mom and a Roxiticus Desperate Housewives blogger, something has to suffer and it has been my Rex's Recipes blog. If you go there, you'll be disappointed to find some posts laid out with the really tempting names of some of Rex's favorite recipes, but no real content, no ingredients, no instructions.

Meanwhile, with the exception of my lucky nights where Meals on Wheels have been delivered by some of our wonderful neighboring Roxiticus Desperate Housewives and Husbands (dubbed Battle of the Roxiticus Lasagnes), I've been doing all the cooking since Rex's knee replacement surgery. As a result, Rex has lost another 8 pounds and needs a good meal or five to put them back on. So I've been surfing for recipes out there in the Blogosphere and I found Lori from My Wooden Spoon, a foodeelicious blog where it turns out to be perfectly legal to use a little pot. Lori posts recipes with and without photos, as well as "Tuesday's Tips," food facts, and more. I was quite tempted to try her Kentucky Biscuits this past Sunday as part of a Kentucky Derby theme, but the chef had a few too many mint juleps before post time and passed out on the couch.

Anyway, in honor of my stint as substitute chef in the Roxiticus Desperate Kitchen, Lori is having a three-month long weekly giveaway on her recipe blog. So, instead of pining away for Rex's Recipes, why don't you browse around My Wooden Spoon and enter the contest while you're there?

3 comments:

Wally Banners said...

OMFG YOUR A BANKER!!!! Doll come on post some of your stock picks hell Ill buy into them big.BOB vote as always. Nothing like a pretty, smart babe!!

Wally Banners said...

Roxie weeeeeee I picked a battle with you. hehe your guaranteed a win! trust me I never win BOB'S lmao. To all reading this please vote for Roxie. shes sweet and a wonderful wife and Mom. Rex your lucky beyond words man!!:)

Wally Banners said...

LOL Roxie Fred is dumber than me Doll. All this time hes been reading your blog daily. He thought you were really the actress Bree from Desp Housewives lmao man. He just found out that your not her. LMAO I cant stop rofling over this.