Thursday, April 17, 2008

Social Cardsters: A Night Out On The Card

As there are many bloggers who have joined the new SocialSpark and who also use Entrecard, Ben Spark (no relation to Social Spark) is compiling a blog roll of all people who are using both services.






If you visit Ben's blog, you can copy the blog roll and add it to your blog and pull the SocialCardsters image to add under the Entrecard widget on your blog, just like I did (see my sidebar). It looks like this:





For those of you who would like to drop 300 EntreCards every day and get a look at Other People's Blogs (OPB) by the Social Cardsters who take their blogging very seriously, clicking your way down the Social Cardsters blog roll takes you there. You can use this blogroll and linky to visit each member of this blogroll, drop your Entrecard and stop by to comment on their latest posts. Several Social Cardsters, including Social Cardster Blogroll Master Ben Spark have committed to dropping on the top 300 people each day. This blogroll is set up to be random so it will be a fair drop each day. If you would like your blog to be listed you must be a member of Social Spark and have an Entrecard widget on your blog.

I am, of course, going to slowly make my way down the blog roll and add the best blogs to my Roxiticus Best Blogs site.

Ah, and one more helpful hint from Junior Tech here at Roxiticus Desperate Housewives. Since I just use the basic Blogger software to upload pictures to my blog and to add widgets to my sidebar, I didn't know how to create a link from an image to a URL, and linking your Social Cardster gidgie to Ben Spark's Social Cardster blog roll is part of the Social Cardster deal, so I went here and learned a cool trick, and you can, too.

6 comments:

Ron said...

Hi Roxie,

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for Stumbling my blog. That's really nice of you!

Hey...and I'm also finding some of the COOLEST stuff on your blog. You've got a wealth of great information here.

Thanks!

Mariuca said...

Hi Roxy!!! Oh I'm on SS too now! Add me to the list pls! :) This is so cool, everyone's here, makes things so much simpler, thanks Roxy and Ben! :)

PS. Of coz u got my vote today, good luck! :)

BenSpark said...

Hi Roxie,
Thanks for the great write up about SocialCardsters, I am glad it could inspire you to learn about image linking too. :-)

Laura Brown said...

I joined Social Card but can't figure it out, not enough time to work on it. Also, I keep coming across EC blogs which have that huge ad that takes over their whole blog to play a rickrolling thing from Social Card. I'd totally hate that to show up on my blog so I haven't really done more with Social Card. Seems like something to avoid at this point.

Matthew S. Urdan said...

Hi Rox, and look who's NOW on YOUR blog! What a pair we make!

Have an awesome day!

BenSpark said...

Laura,
You do not need to add the Rick Roll to your blog, that is something that people can choose to do or not do.