Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wedding Girl Follow-Up: Weddings in the Roxiticus Valley...or in the Vicinity

Roxiticus Desperate Mail Call!


I was right on my hunch about Wedding Girl... Pierre's is too small for her wedding, so please start thinking about other venues, and post a comment here if you have an idea for her reception. As you'll see from Wedding Girl's latest missive, she's prepared to have her reception outside our beloved Roxiticus Valley if our readers can help her to find the right venue and she doesn't have to bus her guests to Florida or Michigan...


Wedding Girl writes:

I actually walk through the West Village on the way to work everyday! I work in the Meatpacking district (where you used to live) and I plan on continuing to work in the city when I move.

Not sure where I will live - I love the entire Roxiticus Valley! My fiancee's family and my sister's families live out there (which is why we are out there all the time). We are thinking of looking in Bernardsville, Mendham (although I hear the taxes are nuts!) or maybe Far Hills. But first I'm concentrating on the wedding... then the house! I'm a little hesitant to move out of my comfort zone, though. I'm worried about making friends, etc since I wont know anyone!

Anyway, enough rambling from me. Pierre's looks great - but it only holds 60 (I am looking to have about 125 or so). Where I end up doesn't have to be right in Bernardsville or anything - just something close enough to the area so I can prove to my NYC guests once and for all how gorgeous New Jersey is (but please don't head down towards the Jersey Shore, Bree, that's your other blog)!

Thanks again,
Wedding Girl



Bree has a brainstorm (or two or three!)

Dear Wedding Girl,

Why didn't I come up with these great wedding venues before?
  • The Pluckemin Inn in Pluckemin, NJ -- ooh la la, we took the girls there for New Year's Eve, what a fabulous chef!
  • Gladstone Tavern in Gladstone, NJ -- I think of it as a bit more casual than any of my previous suggestions, possibly too small, but nice outdoor space is available;
  • Bridgewater Manor in Bridgewater, NJ. Head South on Route 206 after the wedding in Peapack, and you'll find it on the right. A bit larger, probably less expensive, with nice outdoor space.

I hope you'll find one of these to your liking. If not, we'll hope our loyal Roxiticus Desperate Housewives readers present some attractive alternatives by posting a comment here.

Enjoying the spring weather,

Bree

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI, Thanks for stopping by. I gave you a props last night. I added the social cardster thing to my blog today.