Saturday, April 12, 2008

Check Out My New EntreCard...and Those Other Desperate Housewives


Check out my new EntreCard, courtesy of my friend Matt over at Meltwater. Torrents. Meanderings. Delta. I expressed envy at his flashy new eCard vs. my standard issue orange stripy and he tossed aside all of his important work to make the hot little number on your left. He also took the time to measure how much he's worth in bed....less than me, but not an insignificant number of EntreCard credits, and I believe Matt has decided to take to his bed until further notice.

For those of you who haven't signed up with EntreCard yet, I highly recommend it. Similar (yet different) to BlogExplosion, EntreCard drives traffic to your blog and exposes you to Other People's Blogs (OPB). The people over at Entrecard are calling it "your business card 2.0." I call it fun. It's a 125x125 image like the BreeSquare here which represents you and your blog. Its part advertisement, part business card. It comes with a widget you place on your blog (see my sidebar on the right), so that others can "drop" their Entrecard for you. You can also use Entrecard to promote your blog and launch free advertising campaigns.

BlogExplosion members should also note that you can use both services at the same time..."drop" your EntreCard while surfing or voting on a Battle of the Blogs on BlogExplosion and double up on your incoming blog traffic. It's easy to sign up for EntreCard...just click here or on the yellow "Get One" you see under the Blog of the Day widget.

Conversely, if you're visiting here thanks to EntreCard, sign up for BlogExplosion...although I'm not sure anyone is alive over at BlogExplosion's customer service department. I have tried to add several blogs to my BlogExplosion account and they've been languishing while awaiting admin approval for months now.

Now, on to those Other Desperate Housewives on Wisteria Lane:




The ABC Desperate Housewives web site isn't giving much up:

Desperate Housewives will return to ABC with a new episode, Sunday April 20th at 9:00pm EDT. Quick preview of the new post-strike episode, “In Buddy’s Eyes”: Gaby struggles with the reality of having a blind husband, Lynette is surprised when someone from her past shows up at Scavo pizzeria, and Bree and Katherine join forces to plan the Founders Day Ball.
Katherine is unable to keep her secrets, Susan's cousin reveals more than expected, and a surprise wedding has its share of secrets.

4 comments:

LadyJava said...

It's really nice Roxy.. so nice of your Matt to drop everything and get this done for you :).. That's what true friends do :)..

And yes.. this is a great way to get traffic and make new friends as well..One question.. do you get referral points for this one.. I'm not sure abt that..

Oh Yeah DH is coming back again? Am so looking forward to the continuing episode since the last one.. Can't wait and thanks for the update :)

PS: Came via BE and clicked on EC! Awesome.. Have a great weekend :)

Mariuca said...

Oh yay, I can't wait for the next episode of DH! It's been ages and I'm already forgetting the plot, thanks for the heads up!

PS. You got my vote today Roxy, good luck! :)

Matthew S. Urdan said...

Best post online I've seen in a LOOOOOOOOONG time...Thanks for the kind words!

Have you seen my blog recently? I just made a post about MonDak...have you heard of it? 200 BILLION Barrels of Oil on the Montana and N. Dakota border. Why are the US citizens ignorant of this?

Matthew S. Urdan said...

Well, so after ALL that time in bed--thank you for noticing--I'm feeling relaxed and refreshed and ready to take you on in an epic BotB between friends.

Good luck this mornning! ;-)