Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Crazy Eights

Julia tagged me hard a couple of weeks ago with an Eight (8) Random Facts Meme. Apologies for the delay, but here are the rules:

  1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
  2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
  3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
  4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment on their blog and tell them they’ve been tagged, and to come back and read your blog for the whole story.
Here goes, Julia, I'll give it my best shot:

  1. I firmly believe that mushrooms are the work of the devil.
  2. 2. I don't think Jackie Warner from Work-Out (on Bravo) is so hot. I read a New York Times article about (straight) suburban housewives getting crushes on her, so I watched the show. The Times emphasized how part of her allure was her presence, how she carried herself. I have to say I saw none of that; in fact, as a small business owner, I found it a bit sleazy how she seemed to encourage indiscriminate hook-ups among her employees. ("All the new girl trainers have to kiss Jackie!" or "Two of my male trainers are hot and gay. One has a boyfriend, but why not throw them together and see what happens?") Maybe there just isn't a little bit of lesbian in each and every one of us.
  3. I'm neither desperate, nor a housewife...I'm a happily married investment banker.
  4. I have never seen a single episode of Seinfeld or Friends. I don't watch much TV, never have. So when I worked in a big office where others were talking around the water cooler about Jerry and Kramer, I asked if they were new employees in our Maryland office.
  5. I'm still a sucker for my teen idols from the 70's: Andy Gibb, Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, the Bay City Rollers.
  6. I buy a lot of well-regarded literature, but I really like to read trashy page-turners on the beach.
  7. Rex does all of the cooking in our household; I do the spreadsheets. It's not that I can't cook, I'm just not very good at it and don't enjoy the process. By the time I finish preparing a one-star meal, I am too exhausted to eat it.
  8. The Roxiticus Valley is really a very small place, but I have expanded my definition to include all of Mendham, Bernardsville, Chester, Far Hills, Peapack-Gladstone, Basking Ridge, Randolph, Morristown, and the rest of Morris and Somerset Counties. Who knows? Maybe one day I'll take over the rest of New Jersey which, by the way, is a really nice place to live.

I'm tagging eight (well, ten) new friends from SocialSpark: RibbonRockStar, Nessa, Sweet Paradise, Deb (Surviving New Jersey), Caramel Corn, Sassi, Spice, KCee (Barefooted Me) , The Raging Tech, and BethG (The Sassy Southerner).

However, I am too tired to run about the Blogosphere tagging them at the moment, so I will put up the links now and post comments on their blogs after some zzzzzz's.

3 comments:

Matthew S. Urdan said...

I hate mushrooms too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Tag, I will get on this tomorrow. Have a nice night :)

Nessa said...

Hi Roxy!

My post is up :)

I love mushrooms ... hehe