Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Crush on Don Johnson


I just finished the Eight Random Tidbits About Me Meme, and realized that I left out a good one. I suppose I could have included this one under #5 about my teen heartthrobs, but Don Johnson was no teenager. I know I've mentioned that I'm a huge Miami Vice fan, and I've been catching up on the box set of every episode ever made. I just loved it when Crockett and Tubbs would burst in on the bad guys, usually by kicking the door down, then pull their guns out of their Galco holsters, and win the day.
Was it supposed to be an embarrassing fact about me?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOO, I loved him! Now that I see a pic I realize I still do!

Mommie
http://www.mommieshome.net

Adam said...

OMG! You've no idea how much I "do not" like this guy! :D

--josh-- said...

Interesting trivia fact about Don Johnson: he became friends with Dickey Betts of the Allman Brothers in the 70s and actually co-wrote a couple of songs on the 1979 Allmans album "Enlightened Rogues." In the MV pilot, someone (Tubbs maybe) is going through Johnson's tapes and asks, "Who's Dickey Betts?" or something like that...

I was a big fan of MV in seasons 1 and 2. In season 3 they started dressing Don Johnson in too much blue, and it was never the same.