Sunday, April 06, 2008

One More Post About True Love

Rex is making Salmon with Basil Cream Sauce tonight. Now, that is what I call true love. It's actually one of the first dishes Rex used to seduce me when we first got to know each other.

It's funny, before Rex, whenever I went out on a date, none of the boys ever fed me. Not the guy who stole my phone number off my dry cleaning receipt and called me for a blind date, not the pharmacy technician who referred to himself in the third person (McG's going to have a Miller Lite), not the high-powered investment banker who took me for drinks at the Top of the Sixes. All the drinks a girl could want, but nothing more than a bowl of peanuts or pretzels for dinner. It doesn't have anything to do about who's paying, either....when it occurred to me that maybe the pharmacy tech didn't offer dinner because he couldn't afford surf & turf on his pharmacy technician salary, I offered to buy dinner if we could just eat something before I passed out....turns out he wanted to get right to the rest of the date and didn't realize there wasn't going to be any rest of the date if this Roxiticus Desperate Housewife didn't get something to eat!

Today, I'd like to hear from the girls and the boys....girls, has this ever happened to you? Boys, if you took me out on a date in the 90's, why didn't you let me have anything to eat?

0 comments: