Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sex = Exercise for Grownups

Since my girls are still quite young and apparently not very curious relative to their peers, I've had the good fortune so far of not having to address questions about the birds and the bees. My friend Hope, on the other hand, has a nine-year-old boy. He asked her the other day what sex is.

Her answer? "Oh honey, sex is just exercise for grown-ups!"

Until they're old enough to really need to know, especially if they catch me in the act, I'm gonna use that one...

5 comments:

Vashonnte said...

thats a good one! haha! thanks for the message on social spark! i like your blog! talk to you soon!

LadyJava said...

hahah.. good tip.. I'll keep it handy in case I need to explain it one day... am loving my EC here :)

Anonymous said...

This is a real good one. Did your friend's boy continue to ask, "why is it only for adult?" ;P You know children, they have many questions. Just like my niece, when she asked a question and we had answered her, she will continue to ask another one based on the answer she gotten.

Erica said...

oh, that's really funny! but honestly kinda true... (sad what we can justify as exercise these days, lol!)

Anonymous said...

My tiny one is not asking my about what sex is (yet)... but after seeing a pregnant woman she is crushing my mind asking of pregnancy: "how did the child get into her belly" and "Mom, I am going to give birth to a teddy bear and a brother when I'm grown up, ok?"... I have no idea on how to explain things to her as she doesn't really listen to my explanations, hearing only fragments she wants to hear and imagining the rest...