Saturday, April 05, 2008

Finished the Shameful Page-Turner: The Liar's Diary

Without giving anything away, I'll summarize "The Liar's Diary" by Patry Francis as a cross between Zoe Heller's "What Was She Thinking? Notes on a Scandal" and Jodi Picoult's "The Tenth Circle." I just won't tell you why. I will say Francis took an awfully long time to tell us anything about the Diary, which was the reason I bought the book in the first place. If you enjoyed those two books, I'll recommend "The Liar's Diary" to you as another of the Roxiticus Desperate Housewives shameful page-turners.

If you live in the Roxiticus Valley (Mendham, Bernardsville, Chester, Far Hills, Peapack-Gladstone, or anywhere in Morris County NJ), I'd suggest that you pick up a copy of the paperback at Mendham Books (in the Kings shopping center on "old" Route 24 in Mendham. If not, please click on the link below and pay for it with one-click so I can earn a few pennies!

0 comments: