Thursday, April 10, 2008

Burn Calories Blogging!

In some ways, I am a cliche. Every New Year's Eve, in addition to writing haiku in a bar, I make a list of New Year's Resolutions which never fail to include "eat better, work out, and lose weight." This year, I was off to such a good start in January, working out three or four times a week... until I came down with the hideous cold that launched my blogging career on January 27th, 2008. Since then, I've been getting hints from the other Roxiticus Desperate Housewives to go http://www.shrinkyourself.com/!!

So here's the cliche: 95% percent of dieters who lose weight gain it all back....and here I had been thinking I was special. According to Dr. Roger Gould, the number one cause of diet failure is emotional eating. He interviewed over 17,000 dieters and found that 99% of people break their diets because they are stressed, depressed, or bored. It's emotions, not lack of willpower, that make diets fail. That's where I am different...it's not my emotions that get me every time, but the box of Pop-Tarts that start my day.

Look closely. If you say the words, "Mirror Mirror on the wall, who's the fattest one of all" and then you see an image and message below, you need to lose weight.




P.S. -- The secret to burning calories while blogging is to set up your computer on an exercise bike or treadmill. I'm going to get started first thing tomorrow.

0 comments: