Monday, April 28, 2008

Miley Cyrus: "I'm Going to Britneyland"


So here's the Roxiticus Desperate Housewives celebrity scandal of the day: Miley Cyrus, better known by my two little girls and the rest of America for her role as Hannah Montana on the Disney Channel (and related pop songs), posed in a revealing photo shoot with Vanity Fair. The 15-year-old star expressed regret, hinting that Vanity Fair had exploited her. Of course, not only did she and her parents sign off on the photos to be published...it's not too late! They could give Vanity Fair their money back and pull the photos, replace them with a nice sweater set and a skirt down to her ankles. Or not.

It seems like Disney is getting nervous about yet another one of their previously wholesome teen stars going the scantily clad hot pix route. As Hannah Montana might say, Disney wants the Best of Both Worlds...they (and stockholders like me) have been happy to see the big bucks generated by her good looks since they launched her TV show when she was thirteen (13), and no one at Disney complained when those same hot looks sold out concerts around the country. I took my little girls to see Hannah/Miley at the Prudential Center just after Christmas. It was a great show, and I had hopes that she'd "stay wholesome," but I'm afraid she's goin' to Britneyland.

Maybe it is time for teen stars like Miley Cyrus to try The Sedona Method as a way of grounding themselves. The Secret works with A New Earth to bridge the gap between getting what we want through the Law of Attraction while not creating greater attachment to the ego. Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana, Amy Winehouse, Lindsay Lohan, Britney and Jamie Lynn Spears, as well as my loyal Roxiticus Desperate Housewives readers....you can all get a free DVD and CD that will help you to understand why The Sedona Method is at the leading edge of the peaceful revolution in consciousness that is sweeping the planet.



2 comments:

Matthew said...

Miley O'Riley, I think I'm going to go blind.

How do I get to Britneyland? It sounds like Disneyland but more fun?

Matthew.

--josh-- said...

Brilliant headline.

I take Laynie food shopping each Sunday afternoon (difference between our house and yours: in our house, dad does all the cooking and every meal is a "one chuck wagon" meal.) If you ask her what kind of yogurt we buy, she will delightedly tell you, "Skank yogurt!" Ask her who is on the yogurt, and she will say, "Hanna Montana."

Personally, although I don't generally care for yogurt, I have thought once or twice about a taste of Hanna.

By the way, did you hear about the Jewish Hanna Montanna? Her name is "Hannah Montanna." (Although before it was Montana it was Moscowitz.)