Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wedding Girl, This Post's For You!

Roxiticus Desperate Mail Call!

Wedding Girl writes:

Hi Bree,
I am a big fan of your blog and although this is an odd question to ask a blogger, you seem to be very "in-the-know" about the area! I've got one red hot fiancée, we've found a church in Peapack, and I'm ready to get hitched and move out to the Roxiticus Valley. One small problem: where should I have the reception? I have looked at all of the golf clubs (Hamilton Farm, Roxiticus and Somerset) but none of them seem to fit. Any advice you could give would be so helpful! Thanks again and keep up the great blogging!
Best,
Wedding Girl



Bree responds:

Dear Wedding Girl,
Congratulations on your engagement! Without a question, I would recommend The Bernards Inn, in Bernardsville NJ, for a wedding reception. They have great “ballrooms” for your reception, as well as rooms where your out-of-town guests can stumble upstairs afterwards. If The Bernards Inn is not available or it doesn’t seem right for you, let me know and I’ll give your question some more thought.
Do let me know how it turns out!
All the best,

Bree

Wedding Girl Reacts:

Dear Bree,

Thanks so much for getting back to me! I looked at The Bernards Inn and thought it lovely, but they don't have outdoor space (except that little balcony). I'm totally drawing a blank despite the fact that I'm in that area every weekend (I actually live/work in NYC - will be a Roxiticus Desperate Housewife soon enough, lol).

I've looked at Somerset Hills Country Club and Roxiticus Golf Club (both too small) as well as Hamilton Farm (too $$) and Fiddlers Elbow (a little outdated, no?). Thank you so much for your advice...it's very much appreciated! You're my go-to person for things in the Roxiticus Valley - I love your blog!

Best,

Wedding Girl



Bree Will Not Give Up!

Dear Wedding Girl,

Thanks so much for your compliments on my blog, I’m glad you’re enjoying it. You (and others like you) are just the audience I had in mind when I got started in earnest back in February. I remember having so many questions when we moved here, everything from where to find a butcher (Louie at the Chester Meat Market is tried and true, Perrotti's just opened in Far Hills) to things for the kids to do, and now that I know the answers, I decided to answer the questions for anyone who came looking.

As you may know from my blog, I moved out here in late 2003 after 8 years of living in the West Village. I loved it there, it was a walk to our office, but I couldn’t stand the thought of raising my kids in NYC. If September 11th hadn’t started us looking in Bernardsville, seeing the neighbor’s kids playing baseball in the middle of West 12th Street eventually would have!

Where will you live when you move out here? Will you give up working in New York, or will you be my kind of Roxiticus Desperate Housewife?


On the wedding front, how about Pierre’s? They’re not nearly as big as The Bernards Inn, but the food is terrific, and they do parties/weddings. Pierre's is not “downtown” in Bernardsville (in fact they have a Morristown address, headed out of Bernardsville towards Harding). Pierre's has a nice large porch, far back from the road, and you might be able to set up a tent outside as well. If Pierre’s doesn’t work for you, keep asking, we’ll come up with something! And I’m sure you won’t be the only Roxiticus Desperate Housewives reader to benefit from the information.


All the best,

Bree

2 comments:

M said...

I love weddings! They are so beautiful! I got married in November, but didn't have the money for an expensive wedding. I did get some really nice stuff for my wedding through the shopping section on Treasure Trooper though!

Anonymous said...

That looked like a really nice place you posted up in the picture I would love to have like my reception there or something like that, looked like a really upscale type of place.