Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Someone Won the Mega Millions $135 Million Last Night....

...and it was not me. I fell asleep last night before I could even watch the MegaMillions numbers on the news, but when I woke up, I checked my ticket. Out of my five QuickPicks, I didn't even have one number.

Here's what I would do if I won the lottery:
  1. Keep working (investment banking/mergers and acquisitions)...but I'd probably invest in or acquire some of the companies we represent instead of just helping the owners to sell their companies. I have always enjoyed my work, especially since Rex and I started our own firm and hired Brent. If I won the lottery, I might try to hire some new people to help Brent with the day to day work, but we've had such bad luck finding people who share our work ethic....oh, the stories I could post about our bad hires;
  2. Buy a radio station in New Jersey -- I have wanted to own radio stations since I was eight years old, but with the consolidation that took place in the late '90s, without winning the lottery it is hard to see how an independent buyer can compete with the large public companies like Clear Channel. I've got my eye on WDHA-FM (105.5) in Morristown NJ, 94.3 the Point in Asbury Park NJ, and WJRZ-FM (101.1) in Toms River NJ;
  3. Keep blogging (Roxiticus Desperate Housewives) -- this is way too much fun to give up;
  4. Share with my closest friends -- buy each one of them a house (I could create one huge Roxiticus Desperate Compound on our road) or a car or help them to pay off their cash loans or give them a personal cash advance;
  5. Charity begins at home -- I'd evaluate the best ways to get money into the hands of the people who need it most.

What would you do if you won the lottery? Please leave your comments here....

0 comments: